Need to interview a biologist

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Need to interview a biologist

Post by makingway2991 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Hello, I am a student who is interested in a biology related career. One of my class assignments is to interview a working biologist and I would be grateful if any of you can take up some of your time to answer a few questions. You can also e-mail me at [email protected]

1) What is your name? ( This doesn't need to be answered if you don't want to share this info)

2) What is your profession?

3) What is your place of employment?

4) What is your address or company address?

5) How did you get interested in and started your profession?

6) Are you pleased with your profession? What do you like best about it? What are some of the things you dislike about it?

7) Is this a promising profession for the future, do you recommend it for young people? Why, or why not?

8 )How long does it take before you can start working independently in this field?

9) What kind of advanced study or degree does somebody have to do to be this kind of biologist?

10) What kind of starting salary could I expect? What are the upper limits of salary?

11) What kind of continuing education is required in this field one you enter it?

12) If you had your undergraduate years to do over again in preparing for this profession, is there anything you would do differently? Are there other courses you would take? What would you major in?

13) Is there any general advice you would like to give me or any beginning science student who is thinking about a career in this area?