Work outs

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

phillmill
Garter
Garter

Work outs

Post by phillmill » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:08 am

My friend today told me its not good to work 2 days in a row but he didn't really have a reason why. Is this true or something my friend wanted to say so he can look smart.

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 pm

I think, it's different to work with PC or in gym ;) So you should specify, what you actually mean ;) But standard is 5-day work week ;)
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

phillmill
Garter
Garter

Post by phillmill » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Well its weight training with my lacrosse team and working out with a personal trainer on the days between and with him we do some of the same stuff just not as much upper body

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm not expert in these things, but you should get your body some rest in order to get repaired
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

futurezoologist
Coral
Coral

Re: Work outs

Post by futurezoologist » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:30 pm

It is 100% OK to do 2 workouts in a row, i do up to 4 in a row, professionals do them mornings and nights 6 days a week, your friend is just trying to be smart.
A wise man once said to me:
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Only the fittest chickens cross the road.

hurly
Coral
Coral

Post by hurly » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 am

You can work out 2 days in a row, but don't work the same muscles on the 2nd day because your mucles needs rest in order to grow.

kolean
Coral
Coral

Post by kolean » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:41 pm

It definitely depends on your goals, how your body responds to all this training. Just heed the warning signs (fatigue, little aches and pains that won't go away, losing weight, sleeping habits not normal, etc.) and see how your own body responds to the training. Be willing to see the truth and know when to back off.
Every person's genetics is different, and as every metabolism is different during different stages of the person's life span.