primer design

Discussion of all aspects of biological molecules, biochemical processes and laboratory procedures in the field.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Bill123
Garter
Garter

primer design

Post by Bill123 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:32 am

Hello everyone:
I am disigning two pairs of complementary primers used for construct hybrid genes with overlap-extension PCR. The assembly of the hybrid genes are in the way of A first half+B second half and B first half+A second half.
Is the following sentense very correct to explain this experiment? Thank you!!!

"According to the prediction of chimeric genes, two pairs of complementary primers are designed at the expected crossover sites, one of which has one half hybridized to one parent sequence and the other half to the corresponding site of the other parent sequence; while the other of which is oppersite."

or discribe in another way???

"According to the prediction of chimeric genes, two pairs of complementary primers are designed at the expected crossover sites, one of which has one half hybridized to the first parent sequence and the other half to the corresponding site of the second parent sequence; while the other of which is oppersite."

or in this way????

Both pairs of the complementary primers are designed at the expected crossover sites cccording to the prediction of the chimeric genes, one of which has one half hybridized to one parent sequence and the other half to the corresponding site of the other parent sequence; while the other of which is oppersite.

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:04 am

I'd say: one of each has one half complementary to one parental sequence and the other half complementary to the other parental sequence and vice versa

As you wrote it three times, I guess it's not mistake, so there is no "oppersite", it should be opposite ;)
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

Bill123
Garter
Garter

Re:

Post by Bill123 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:21 am

JackBean wrote:I'd say: one of each has one half complementary to one parental sequence and the other half complementary to the other parental sequence and vice versa

As you wrote it three times, I guess it's not mistake, so there is no "oppersite", it should be opposite ;)

This is much better I feel!!!Thank you very much!!! :D :P :wink: :mrgreen: