I'm the only reported case of an allergy in my country!

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

TheVirus
Coral
Coral

I'm the only reported case of an allergy in my country!

Post by TheVirus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:48 am

Hi, everybody. I have been diagnosed with Food-Dependent Exercise-Induced Anaphylaxis, a rare food and exercise allergy in which if i eat a specific kind of food (in my case, BOILED spinach and/or beet) within four hours before doing any kind of exercise (or being exposed to great heat), i start getting itchy palms, then itchy chest, then itchy throat, and so on until i go into anaphylactic shock and turn blue.
I'd got the first episodes when i was in the first grade, then again around sixth and eigth. In all of them i never got passed the "itchy-everything-i-have-trouble-breathing" stage, but then i had another one in the ninth grade during gym class in which i passed to the "i-see-everything-yellow-i-can't-breath-lips-turning-blue-call-911!" stage. That's when i got worried and went to see the alergist who diagnosed me (the guy was thrilled to be the one who caught me. It freaked me out a little bit i have to say).
Now i've got to carry an EpiPen with me every time i do sports and i don't eat any vegetables during daytime!
”It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
~Charles Darwin

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:25 am

lol your doctor actually warned you to stay away from veggies. that's awesome. did she also prescribe burgers and pizza? If so, I want to have your allergy
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

QuantumMechanics
Garter
Garter

Post by QuantumMechanics » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:29 pm

jeez dude. you have a doctor that did that? wonder where i can get hold of him...
No one can win at war. if either side loses a man for thier own, then that immediatly make them the killers of the innocent. we are too destructive to save ourselves. we are our own version of chaos theory without the mathimatical equations.