IF YOU ARE A TEACHER YOU SHOULD READ THIS. (FROM A STUDENT)

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Twila
Garter
Garter

IF YOU ARE A TEACHER YOU SHOULD READ THIS. (FROM A STUDENT)

Post by Twila » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:14 pm

i ran out of room in the topic bar. i was going to put student perspective

so in the 1st quarter i got kicked out of chem because i was a "dangerous lab partner" (ok ok so i mixed all the chemicals in reach. i wouldve been safe(or so id like to think) i mean. i jumped back about three feet after adding something... it was stupid anyways. it didnt do anything besides reek up the room..... big disappointment)

so i come back this quarter for a different science class..
the teacher is talking on the first day of me being there about weather and he asked if we knew what cause it and i said, "weather is caused from the earths uneven heating and is produced in the tropospheare"

he gave me a look that made me think he used to think i was retarded.

if somebody acts stupid. it doesnt mean they really are. i read the F'en dictionary. (harsh letters are needed for strong feelings on such subjects)

SO DONT ASSUME YOUR STUDENTS AMOUNT OF INTELLIGENCE. ITS JUST NOT COOL.
"Courage is not always a roar, but sometimes a quite whisper at the end of the night saying 'I will try again tomorrow'"

Twila
Garter
Garter

Post by Twila » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:41 pm

i love it girl its great lol
u crack me up
"Courage is not always a roar, but sometimes a quite whisper at the end of the night saying 'I will try again tomorrow'"

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:03 am

:lol:
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

Twila
Garter
Garter

Post by Twila » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:57 pm

^^ if you see a double post its cause my friend who is too lazy to make an account uses mine too

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 pm

As a teacher,

Great, you do not want me to assume your amount of intelligence. But in that case it seems that you deliberately broke safety rules that were probably taught in your first class, and you do not seem to have understood the lesson. It was stinky, you were lucky, you could have hurt someone.

As for your answer, it was partly correct, but only partly. I don't know what look your teacher gave you, and he should have just explained to you that your answer was only part of the answer. But maybe you dd not interpret correctly his/her look?

And prof are not there to be cool, although it does not hurt, they ae in the classroom to teach you... If you want your prof's respect, earn it. But I know that the prof also need to respect students and usually we do, but sometimes you make it hard...

As for reading the dictionary, well anyone who can read can do that. Did you understand it? That would be the point...
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

Twila
Garter
Garter

Post by Twila » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:47 pm

of course i understood it.
im huge on word. lol

and i very well know it was only "partly correct".

ive already taken this class with the same book, in the same section even... but in a different school... tho i still got a straight A.

its labeled differently tho so im retaking it.

mcar
Coral
Coral
Location: Pilipinas a.k.a. Three Stars and a Sun (300, 000 sq Km)

Post by mcar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:18 am

We haven't seen how your teacher/prof looked at you anyway, but that's the way you felt it eh? I think. We must also learn how to put ourselves in proper places. Try putting yourself in your teacher's shoes and see what would you feel if you also happen to hear your own answer or if you were caught doing inappropriate things in the lab, it talks about safety there. Some teachers must be sensitive too not all of them are like that for sure. For your case, your teachers/profs doesn't know that you're such an orange person. They need to learn how is such an adventurous like you must be taught. ;-)
---Just one act of random kindness at a time and you can change the world---

Tobitab

Re: IF YOU ARE A TEACHER YOU SHOULD READ THIS. (FROM A STUDENT)

Post by Tobitab » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:37 am

sometime there are professor who are really rude to their students.. the rude one always apply the first impression last. i hate that kind of professor. just like you have no space to change at all. they always looking you down. now i graduated college and have a decent work a higher salary than them. who's looking down now.
Last edited by MrMistery on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making your spam in really small letters doesn't mean we don't see it

i_r_e_d
Coral
Coral

Post by i_r_e_d » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:50 am

I would much rather take bad looks from a teacher as opposed to a teacher that is too lazy to provide access to copies of her own study guide's answers. I wouldn't be too bothered by a bad look by a teacher... It's usually harmless, most likely some gas, you should judge a teacher by the education that you are receiving, or if you are in college, paying for.

-Danny