The most efficient way to study Ecology

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

SheffieldWednesdayFC
Garter
Garter

The most efficient way to study Ecology

Post by SheffieldWednesdayFC » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:13 am

Hey everyone,

I recently did 1 of 2 midterms in ecology and thought I did quite well, at least 88% minimum. Got it back and it was 64%, I felt sick in my stomache. It was all multiple choice as is the next midterm. What is the most efficient way? Going through each of my notes and making my own notes on the computer as I'm doing now would be an effective way? I'm also seeing my professor in his office at least 3 times before the midterm with the list of concepts I don't fully grasp.

ps. In contrast, I got 100% on my genetics midterm and above 90% on my other midterms, which weren't multiple choice.

Thanks for reading

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:34 pm

1. analyze the questions you missed, then ask yourself how you missed them and how you could have got them right.

2. Based on the questions on the midterm and based on your lecture notes/prof impressions, attempt to guess the type of questions that might be posed on the next midterm.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Re:

Post by JackBean » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:50 am

mith wrote:2. Based on the questions on the midterm and based on your lecture notes/prof impressions, attempt to guess the type of questions that might be posed on the next midterm.

I thought, we are not learning for the school, but for ourselves :-P
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

mcar
Coral
Coral
Location: Pilipinas a.k.a. Three Stars and a Sun (300, 000 sq Km)

Post by mcar » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:00 am

They say that you remember better when you write down something while studying. _at_ mith, he's right as well.
---Just one act of random kindness at a time and you can change the world---