I'm creating a biology related video game

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

MilkyJoe

I'm creating a biology related video game

Post by MilkyJoe » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:24 am

I thought since you are all interested in evolution and biology I'd let you know about this game called Evolve I'm making. I'm currently a microbiology major and not a computer programming expert, but this game is just for my own enjoyment.
The game just takes the basic Idea of putting you in the role of commanding an organism and adapting to your environment.

If you want to check out the facebook group heres a link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 2632386620

and if you'd like to check out the website heres a link
http://www.evolvethegame.zoomshare.com

the game is in its primitive form but hopefully it will evolve into something more complex.

cherib
Garter
Garter

Re: I'm creating a biology related video game

Post by cherib » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:42 pm

I think this is a wonderful idea! My friend, who is a middle school science teacher, and I were discussing our mutual love of gaming (we are both World of Warcraft and D&D addicts) and we were both wishing there were more games that incorporated learning and critical thinking skills that could benefit the player(s) in the real world. My friend just began her first year teaching, and is planning on making up a game to go along with each of the four major units covered for each grade level over the year. I personally didn't think I was smart enough to understand science until I got to college- my first biology professor opened up an entire new world for me, and I will forever be grateful. I just wish something had sparked my interest at a younger age... something, perhaps, like the game you are developing :) Good luck with your endeavor!

mcar
Coral
Coral
Location: Pilipinas a.k.a. Three Stars and a Sun (300, 000 sq Km)

Post by mcar » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:32 am

That will make bio a lot of fun... but hope that students won't get addicted on it just as the mario bros... hope they still find time to read one good bio book. ;-)
---Just one act of random kindness at a time and you can change the world---

zami'87.
Coral
Coral

Re: I'm creating a biology related video game

Post by zami'87. » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:00 am

Every man is a star whose light can make shadows dance differently and change our view of landscape permanently***