DNA

Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Dharmendra
Garter
Garter

DNA

Post by Dharmendra » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 am

what will be the number of DNA after the meiosis and mitosis as compared to parent cell respectively :?

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:03 am

Do you know, how mitosis and meiosis work? Or how are they also called?
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

Dharmendra
Garter
Garter

Post by Dharmendra » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:21 pm

yes i do know about mitosis and meiosis ,i was told that mitosis is reductional division interm of DNA? is it true

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:06 pm

yes, that is true. Well, if you know, what happens, than you should be able to guess, what will be the amount of DNA afterwars, right?

Dharmendra
Garter
Garter

Post by Dharmendra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:12 am

if i would know all that clearly why would i post topic in this forum if u know tell me clearly?

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:59 am

What about to use the round thing on you neck? ;) :-P

If meiosis is the reductional division, which takes places e.g. when haploid gametes are formed from diploid somatic cells, what will happen with the DNA?
If mitosis takes places all around in your body (with the exeption of gamete production), what do you think happenes with DNA? Will the content change?

muzna
Garter
Garter

Post by muzna » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:20 am

if u talk about man , there are 46 chromosomes in each cell, in somatic cells mitosis occur and chromosomes and obviously DNA numbers remain same,, but in reproductive cells due to meiosis its number become half i-e 23,, and after zygote formation it regain its original number i-e 46..

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Re:

Post by JackBean » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:19 pm

muzna wrote:if u talk about man , there are 46 chromosomes in each cell, in somatic cells mitosis occur and chromosomes and obviously DNA numbers remain same,, but in reproductive cells due to meiosis its number become half i-e 23,, and after zygote formation it regain its original number i-e 46..

Yeah, humans are all...

Dharmendra
Garter
Garter

Re: DNA

Post by Dharmendra » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:33 pm

no chaps .i think u haven't gone in detai about cell dicision or in brief cell cycle.when we go to cell cycle ,it contains interphase and m-phase.in interphase [s-phase]dna replicates so the no of dna becomes double.but these replicated and old dna [formed by semi-consevative model of watson and crick] remain attached to the centromere of the chromosome..............................................
so can we include interphase in mitosis or not?

muzna
Garter
Garter

Re: DNA

Post by muzna » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Dharmendra wrote:no chaps .i think u haven't gone in detai about cell dicision or in brief cell cycle.when we go to cell cycle ,it contains interphase and m-phase.in interphase [s-phase]dna replicates so the no of dna becomes double.but these replicated and old dna [formed by semi-consevative model of watson and crick] remain attached to the centromere of the chromosome..............................................
so can we include interphase in mitosis or not?

........which during anaphase break and may separate................. during interphase cell prepare itself to divide, therefore it may double its dna amount and during division half of its dna may pass to daughter cell thus dna amount remain same,, meiosis is 2 phase division, before 1st phase there is interphase but no interphase can be found before 2nd phase, hence reduce dna to half.

choozi
Garter
Garter

Post by choozi » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:24 pm

isn't it better to study before questioning?