Please help me decide which microscope to buy

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

KARistanmickey
Garter
Garter

Please help me decide which microscope to buy

Post by KARistanmickey » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 am

Hello everyone,,
I'm looking for a good microscope to buy but first this is my purpose: I want to study HUMAN/ANIMAL living cells in culture.

So, in this case would I be better off with an inverted microscope (with max magnification of 430X) or a light microscope with a magnification up to 1000X/Oil immersion)?

I know quality makes a difference as well such as DIN Plan/semi-plan achromatic lenses, lighting, and other of the sort BUT,
conceptually, and IF you only had enough money for one of these (both at around the same price), would you go for the inverted or compound micoscope for viewing CULTURED CELLS.

One of my worries is that 430X might not be enough, but I haven't done any research on human cells. For anyone doing reseach on cell cultured human cells, do you think 430x is enough for most applications?

KARistanmickey
Garter
Garter

Re: Please help me decide which microscope to buy

Post by KARistanmickey » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:13 pm

KARistanmickey wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 am
Hello everyone,,
I'm looking for a good microscope to buy but first this is my purpose: I want to study HUMAN/ANIMAL living cells in culture.

So, in this case would I be better off with an inverted microscope (with max magnification of 430X) or a light microscope with a magnification up to 1000X/Oil immersion)?

I know quality makes a difference as well such as DIN Plan/semi-plan achromatic lenses, lighting, and other of the sort BUT,showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/
conceptually, and IF you only had enough money for one of these (both at around the same price), would you go for the inverted or compound micoscope for viewing CULTURED CELLS.

One of my worries is that 430X might not be enough, but I haven't done any research on human cells. For anyone doing reseach on cell cultured human cells, do you think 430x is enough for most applications?
Any suggestion guys,...