publish my report

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

marco86
Garter
Garter

publish my report

Post by marco86 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 am

Hello to all, I am a italian student of biotechnology at Parma university; I want you as I could do for to publish a my report at scientific magazine. In my relaction that I made for a my cours I described the molecular role of brest cancer
Thanks all those that they are replying me, and I hope that my english is sufficient
Marco

jyaron
Garter
Garter

Post by jyaron » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:40 am

When you say scientific magazine, do you mean a magazine such as Seed or Scientific American? Or a journal, such as Nature or Cell?
Experience: Cell Biology, Confocal Microscopy, Developmental Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Physiology

marco86
Garter
Garter

Post by marco86 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:39 am

what changes between scientific american and nature or cell? therefore I have said as nature genetics

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I suggest you go to your library and try to read an issue of each... But there is a world of difference between magazine for lay people (Sci Am) that publish journalists account of what science is up to and professional journals who are publishing results from the lab to be read by other researchers.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

jyaron
Garter
Garter

Post by jyaron » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:12 am

Maybe you could lead us better by telling us exactly what your "report" is talking about? Is it new findings based on research you have personally done? Or is it just a review of the role between molecular biology and breast cancer?
Experience: Cell Biology, Confocal Microscopy, Developmental Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Physiology

marco86
Garter
Garter

Post by marco86 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:44 am

The my report is just a review...

jyaron
Garter
Garter

Post by jyaron » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 am

If your report is just a review and you don't already have a Ph.D or a good standing in the scientific community I wouldn't waste your time by trying to submit it to a journal.

If you don't have some sort of amazing journalistic background I wouldn't waste your time by trying to submit to a magazine either... unless it's quite literally a flawless piece of work. Magazines are able to piece together information on their own (hence their staffs of science writers).

Your best bet would be to get some sort of blog to post it.