Anti-Troll Policy?

Any comments about the site and the forum go here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Anti-Troll Policy?

Post by alextemplet » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Recently, the evolution forum has become, in my opinion, a complete mockery of what this forum is intended to be. I am referring to recent presence of at least one member (I'll avoid mentioning the name, but take a look and I'll be surprised if you can't guess!) who has seen fit to throw logic out the window and post a bunch of gibberish nonsense intended to start arguments. This wasn't so bad when it was contained in just one thread, but recently a number of new threads have been started that all deal with the same issues already being discussed in another thread. All of these new threads address questions/issues that have already been discussed and answered, yet they are repeated again as if the already-supplied answers never existed. In my opinion, this is beginning to cross the line into spam.

What really concerns me here is that anyone who posts an honest, serious question may instead get bombarded with useless dribble, and out of simple ignorance might be unable to derive the correct answer. Is this really the type of forum we want to be?

I think it is time for this forum to enforce stricter policies concerning trolls and their spam.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:44 am

Yes the Evo forum now has it's own fiber disease. Yay...
What did the parasitic Candiru fish say when it finally found a host? - - "Urethra!!"

gamila
Coral
Coral

Post by gamila » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 am

[EDIT by Mod: removed everything that was not about why the said poster keep posting in the forum to the point of annoying other users-OOOpppps there was nothing on the subject=> gamila I do not want to hear your arguments about NS, I want to know why I should not ban you
Canalon]

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:59 pm

I knew I should have thought twice about posting a link to this thread in the evo forum. :roll: Now the spam has infected this forum as well. *sigh*
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

gamila
Coral
Coral

Post by gamila » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:42 am

just give the precambrian fossil evidence linking the cambrian organisms not some might be explanation
just EVIDENCE

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Gamila this si not the place to ask for evidence. This is the spot to discuss whether your behaviour is worth any ban/restriction.
For the moment however annoying you might be, I think as a mod that I will not silence you by force. However I suggest that you stop multiplying threads where you are basically repeating the exact same thing, becase then I would have to start doing some clean-up deletion to maintain our forum nice and clean and user friendly. As for the other complaining about your posts i suggest that if you do not want to answer Gamila's posts, just do no post. or as it is often stated on the net: Do Not Feed the troll.

Thanks
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)