EndNote

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

kk
Death Adder
Death Adder

EndNote

Post by kk » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Since some of us are using EndNote, it would be nice to share our experience. EndNote is a nice, complex software to edit bibliography, very useful in the process of manuscript preparation.

My question would be; when format the bibliography EndNote offers you millions of output styles. It takes forever to find the one I need. I want my references looking like this:

1 Smith A, Hudson D (2007) This is the title of the article. Nat Med 9, 918-21

So I want it to be numbered, but if I select the output style "Numbered", it also formats the authors and title too much (bold, italic, and so on). The maximum I want is maybe the journal name in italic. I could go on and try all output styles one by one, but if you know a particular style similar to my wish please write me. tx

kk
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by kk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:28 am

The "FEBS Letters" output style is ALMOST perfect, except when it is too many authors it only shown the first author and "et al."

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Any style can be edited. If you are almost happy with the FEBS letters one, start with it, edit it and save it under a new name.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

kk
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by kk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 pm

I did, thank you!