Chloroplast, Mitochondria, Nucleus

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

seders99
Garter
Garter

Post by seders99 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Yep the form is VERY useful and I plan to visit often and by the way, im a lady!!

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:29 am

sorry, dudette :)
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

snezana
Garter
Garter

Post by snezana » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:25 am

I think the nucleus should be first followed by chloroplast then mitochondria because the nucleus controls all the cell's activities. During cell division it is seen to contain 'threads' called chromosomes. These carry the genetic material with which the nuleus controls the cell.
Sulbrich Luvs Biology

biohazard
King Cobra
King Cobra

Re:

Post by biohazard » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 am

snezana wrote:I think the nucleus should be first followed by chloroplast then mitochondria because the nucleus controls all the cell's activities. During cell division it is seen to contain 'threads' called chromosomes. These carry the genetic material with which the nuleus controls the cell.

I don't think so. Like already stated earlier in this thread, life goes perfectly smoothly even without the nucleus: most cells in the world don't even have one (i.e. prokaryotes). Of course, with eukaryotic cells the nucleus is more important, but even some eukaryotic cells lack nucleus but are still able to carry out their task. Just think about erythrocytes, for example.