Biochemical question?

Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

webbertay
Garter
Garter

Biochemical question?

Post by webbertay » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 am

Why might biochemical evidence suggest that rabbit is less envolved than horse or a pig?

I haven't learnt this yet but it's in our homework. What is biochemical? I looked it up but it gave all these complex definitions about evolution which our class has not yet covered. Can someone help me with the question above?

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:06 am

How do you mean "less evolved"? Each organism is adapted to fit a different ecological niche. The rabbit seems to do just as well in its niche as the horse does in its niche.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

JorgeLobo
Coral
Coral

Re: Biochemical question?

Post by JorgeLobo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:19 am

The questions begs a common starting or reference point against which you might judge the relative level genetic (DNA) change and presumes linear evolution.

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 am

Yeah, and that's what makes the question so strange. Evolution is not linear; it is more like a branching tree than some sort of straight line or ladder. Bacteria can be considered to be just as highly evolved as humans.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count