Question about zoology

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

cheynems
Garter
Garter

Question about zoology

Post by cheynems » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:57 pm

This may not be entirely in the right section, so I apologize.
I live in the central Washington area and my hope after college is to work as a Zoologist for the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. They require two years experience to work as a zookeeper/zoologist there. What are some ways you all have gained previous experience in Zoology (preferably in College and in the Washington area?) Any information would be great. Thanks and sorry again if this is in the wrong section.

-Cheyne

sheep94
Garter
Garter

Post by sheep94 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:59 am

me too....

mcar
Coral
Coral
Location: Pilipinas a.k.a. Three Stars and a Sun (300, 000 sq Km)

Post by mcar » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:54 am

Are you exposed or immersed during the entire course, or do you have some on-the-job trainings related to your course? that can also give you some prospect. The companies or institutions training you might decide to absorb you there or at least could give you some ideas about your plans being a practicing zoologist.
---Just one act of random kindness at a time and you can change the world---

SonicSnail
Garter
Garter

Post by SonicSnail » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:37 pm

I am German, so things run differently here, but you can take a apprenticeship' at a Forster, Zoo, Game Ranger, Game Keeper ect...

Also a zookeeper looks after animals, and does activities with them, a zoologist will study amimals... They're not all the same.
A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone- Charles Darwin

Happy 200 charlsy