cell membrane

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

elan
Garter
Garter

cell membrane

Post by elan » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:15 am

Every cell have membrane lipid bilayer structure. Eucariotic cell is formed nucleus membrane but Procariotic is not. Would you explain me why in procariotic cell is not forming nucleus membrane like eucariotic do?What factors are inhibiting the absence of nucleus membrane in procariotic cell? What is the benefit of that structure (to procariotic cell)?

James
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by James » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:03 pm

Eucaryotes evolved a nucleus from the more primative procaryotes. It was perhaps the biggest evolutionary step ever. Domains are seperated just due the presence of the nucleus. The nuclus gives the genetic material protection from the chemicals in the cytoplasm, and in turn enabled more complexity in that material and the processes it undergoes.

geopatz
Garter
Garter

cell membrane

Post by geopatz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:13 am

To whom it may concern,
Would you tell me what are the differences between Eucaryotic cell to Procariotic cell besides from that Procariotic do not build up nucleus membrane and , hope you answer me, and I would really appriciate if you do..

THANKS AND GOD SPEED :wink:

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:21 am

To whom it may concern????

I suggest you look up the terms, not very difficult.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

geopatz
Garter
Garter

Post by geopatz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:30 am

Yeah to whom it may concern, it means that any one who read this can you please answer me... Are you ok, aren't you studying?? And i can use my imagination anytime. But i like to based on facts not theory, hey! please if you are not answering my question, don't meddle to my problem. Because I even don't know who you are, OK!!!!

Darby
Viper
Viper

Post by Darby » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:30 pm

We get a little testy answering questions whose answers should be easy to find with a bit of effort. If you did a simple search on eukayote prokaryote differences, you should find many places that already has the differences listed.