Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!
Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:37 pm
I've read a paper which said that during pregnancy some mothers are able to lose certain cytotoxic antibodies, but is a foetus able to induce production of anti (x) antibodies in a mother?
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:47 pm
I think so, because foetus don't have mature immune system and hence antibodies are produced in mother when foetus is infected.
- Inland Taipan
- Posts: 6832
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:18 pm
- Location: Romania(small and unimportant country)
uhna, what is the paper?
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter
- Posts: 493
- Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 8:58 am
- Location: Pilipinas a.k.a. Three Stars and a Sun (300, 000 sq Km)
Do you mean erythroblastosis fetalis here?
---Just one act of random kindness at a time and you can change the world---
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests