Jobs and field work oportunities

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Darwin420
Coral
Coral

Jobs and field work oportunities

Post by Darwin420 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Hey Guys,

I know summertime is quite the way ahead but I trying to figure out possibilities for summer jobs.

I want to try to get a biology related job, since I pretty much like all aspects of biology it doesn't really matter what subdivision of bio I am doing, whether it be molecular to environmental biology - I will be happy.

I live in Canada, so I am going to search the governmental websites and other related sites.

But do you guys know of anything? Even if you know of some field work volunteer work, let me know.

I am also a European citizen as well as a Canadian, so any websites regarding jobs in Europe will be an interest to me as well.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:49 am

I don't know where you are living, but if I remeber correctly the ministry of environment of Ontario is hiring students for the summer season, and I think that Environment Canada (they have a lab in Hamilton, ON IIRC) does that too. There are also some opportunities with agriculture Canada, and if you research their lab, they have quite a lot of environmental biology type of research going on.

Good luck
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)