Airborne Hormones

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

protozoan
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by protozoan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:48 pm

Pheromones are hormones which are used for intraspecies comunication. They cause physiological changes in other members of the same species. It is the most common case when men are attracted to women because these pheromones and vice versa. There was some study when women sit in the hall together with men. Than when the hall was empty there came only men and the scientists watch which seats will these men prefer. They prefered seats where sitted women before those where sitted men. They didnt know about the state before.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:41 am

Interesting, I wonder how long the pheromones last. I wonder what would happen if the same test was duplicated with homosexuals.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:35 am

I think it's kinda like natural perfume.. :lol: (cause Kyle said our pheromone receptor is only in our nose.. :lol: )...homosexuals? I think they will act the same..
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

JacobK
Garter
Garter

Post by JacobK » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:35 pm

mithrilhack wrote:Interesting, I wonder how long the pheromones last. I wonder what would happen if the same test was duplicated with homosexuals.

They did that fairly recently and found that homosexual males respond similarly to heterosexual females!

The test wasn't done on homosexual females yet, that I've seen.

fscottdahlgren
Garter
Garter

Post by fscottdahlgren » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:42 am

The affect is not attributed to any chemical, or a mixture of chemicals. No chemicals were isolated, identified, or characterized in her studies.

Her study supported what almost every adult woman already knows, and shed no new light on the topic.

In general, studies of this nature are to be ignored. I challenge you to provide a study whose error bars do not overlap.