Why aren't bacteria taking over the world?

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

kusnadi68
Garter
Garter

Post by kusnadi68 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 am

bacteria"small stick organism" are unicque organism, they can leave everywhere, as "cosmopolite" bacteria will growth rapidly...

Elersong
Garter
Garter

Post by Elersong » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:09 pm

So would anyone disagree that another limiter of the growth of a bacterial population would be their own waste? An increase in the number of bacteria would result in an increase in the amount of waste produced, would it not? And that waste is waste to said bacteria for a reason...

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Yeah their waste does play a factor, but just like everything else there are ways to get rid of it. One species' waste is another species' food supply, after all. So I think the extent to which it would limit bacterial growth would have to do with what else is present in the environment.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

Bionic
Garter
Garter

Re: Why aren't bacteria taking over the world?

Post by Bionic » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:54 pm

i ever read microbe have important role because almost every activity in the world influenced by microbe.because my teacher ever said and i ever read, microbes found anytime,everywhere, and any condition...in the air, marine,our body, etc. one of example, in our body, microbe found in intestine and have influenced on digestion system.if there aren't microbe our digestion will be perfect :wink: