AP Biology: Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

vertciel
Garter
Garter

AP Biology: Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis

Post by vertciel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Hello everyone:

I have a few days before school starts and I am reading ahead on AP Biology concepts. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the extent to which I would need to know cellular respiration and photosynthesis.

The course textbook is Seventh Edition of Biology by Campbell and Reece (which I am using), and the two chapters on these processes are quite extensive. However, the course also designates Biology 12 from McGraw-Hill (which I also have) as a secondary textbook, one which is much less comprehensive than Campbell and Reece.

Thank you!

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:09 pm

That depends on how much your teacher expects you to know. You need to at least know the chemical formulas for each, and you might also be required to learn the precise steps of each process. I would say, if you're reading ahead, learn as much as you can so that whatever you end up covering in class, you'll at least have sufficient background knowledge.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

vertciel
Garter
Garter

Post by vertciel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks for your response!