Parthenogenesis(ZW) – CREATION of birds

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

User avatar
enarees
Coral
Coral
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Re:

Post by enarees » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:00 am

alextemplet wrote:Is it too much to ask for a single peer-reviewed scientific paper?


But, do You claim, that parthenogenesis haven't role in evolution/creation at all?

User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)
Contact:

Post by alextemplet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 pm

That isn't the point. The point is you are either unable or unwilling to provide evidence to back up your claims.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

User avatar
canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan
Posts: 3909
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Re:

Post by canalon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:06 pm

enarees wrote:
alextemplet wrote:Is it too much to ask for a single peer-reviewed scientific paper?


But, do You claim, that parthenogenesis haven't role in evolution/creation at all?


For bacteria or bdelloid rotifers, it is doubtless, for the rest, I seriously doubt it. But maybe you will prove us wrong with some interesting data to backup your original hypothesis.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

User avatar
enarees
Coral
Coral
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Re: Re:

Post by enarees » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:24 am

canalon wrote:For bacteria or bdelloid rotifers, it is doubtless, for the rest, I seriously doubt it. But maybe you will prove us wrong with some interesting data to backup your original hypothesis.


Parthenogenesis among reptiles and birds is fact.

Some scientists try to reject it's importance for evolution/creation.
But the extraction of genes is basic for genetical chemistry, like the extraction in trivial chemistry.

Let for some new ZW female kind no males! What happens?

User avatar
AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:51 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Post by AstusAleator » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:25 am

In my experience parthenogenesis occurs in vertebrates rarely, and is usually associated with polyploidy or some other oddity. Example being a species of lizard, Cnemidophorus. In this case a new "species" of lizard has come to be, but they are asexual, reproducing only by parthenogenesis. In this sense they are not a "good" species. Oh, and they've been doing this for quite a while and nobody(nothing) has "created" a way for them to become a sexual species. their genes are doomed, essentially.
What did the parasitic Candiru fish say when it finally found a host? - - "Urethra!!"

User avatar
enarees
Coral
Coral
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Re:

Post by enarees » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:35 am

AstusAleator wrote:In my experience parthenogenesis occurs in vertebrates rarely, and is usually associated with polyploidy or some other oddity. Example being a species of lizard, Cnemidophorus. In this case a new "species" of lizard has come to be, but they are asexual, reproducing only by parthenogenesis. In this sense they are not a "good" species. Oh, and they've been doing this for quite a while and nobody(nothing) has "created" a way for them to become a sexual species. their genes are doomed, essentially.


The XY androgenesis is the big problem for some. :!:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests