i LOVE Microscopes

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

chean2629
Garter
Garter

i LOVE Microscopes

Post by chean2629 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:13 am

I wish to get my own microscopes someday, is there any friends here that can refer me where i can find online sites that sell cheap microscopes? I already look from some other sites just like at TrueVision Microscopes. I know there are some sites that i do not know yet, but you can help me. I love biology subject, so i love also microscopes.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri May 02, 2008 12:13 pm

you love microscope so much that you are putting advertisement for them? If you correct the link I will have to ban you. Besides if you really want microscopes, I think you would be looking at Nikon, Olympus or Zeiss. Those are the one really serious people are using. When they have really serious funding too...
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

mjbrown90
Garter
Garter

Post by mjbrown90 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:11 am

I like microscopes... I used them in Forensic Science last year but we had shitty light microscopes.. We needed electron microscopes to find out what we wanted.... Light microscopes are shite compared to anything else... Basically my College is a Secondary School and 6th Form in one.. And doesnt have enough money to buy good equipment for science. For example the microscopes. :P

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:42 pm

What do you call light microscope?
Photonic and electronic microscope are not used for the same things and can hardly be compared. And you might have experienced shitty microscopes, but that does not mean that all are. And if the wrong tools is used for something it will always appear bad, even if it is actually very good for waht it is designed. Screwdriver are very bad at putting nails, but hammer are crap to drive screws...
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)