Help me brain storm

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

negativefx14
Garter
Garter

Help me brain storm

Post by negativefx14 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:38 pm

Well, I'm a high school IB student, and I need help choosing what I should do my EE on.

First off, an EE is an extended essay,which has to be 4000 words.

Okay, well, I need a topic, I'm not asking anyone to do the project for me, but im simply asking for a topic, or a way I can test my initial idea.

My first idea was based on an observation, which was whether or not energy drinks make bones frail. I wanted to test the different components of energy drinks to see if the energy drink affected the bone in any way. Well the sad part is, i'm in high school, and expensive is a bit out of reach.

So, I am asking for help, can anyone give me a path of some sort to follow to test my observation?

Or if not, a new topic/experiment.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:53 pm

You don't have to do bio, do it on history or something. I think it's easiest to do it on history because you can grab a bunch of books and get some good analysis going. Scientific stuff with very little funding is very hard as I've learnt in my EE(I was also IB).
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

negativefx14
Garter
Garter

Re: Help me brain storm

Post by negativefx14 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:09 am

I really wish I could, but I've signed up for the Bio EE, and I am unable to change which subject it is on now :(

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Oh well, then simply consult with your advisor on how to write it. I remember the IB guidelines being as clear as mud on what to do. But in the end I didn't really care about the IB grade and it didn't have much effect on the diploma which is mostly exam points.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

negativefx14
Garter
Garter

Re: Help me brain storm

Post by negativefx14 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:54 pm

Ha, thank you for the advise.