Microinjected marine collagen - in a Lip Gloss???

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

classic3903
Garter
Garter

Microinjected marine collagen - in a Lip Gloss???

Post by classic3903 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:44 pm

Is Fusionbeauty Lipfusion really safe eg is it nano tech, etc?
I asked the company 2x: Q1Have the Lipfusion ingredients been micronized or similar to your skin products that are ‘nano’? Its described as Tiny, dehydrated, marine collagen micro spheres. A1 Tiny, dehydrated, marine collagen microspheres are instantly absorbed by the lips, and seek out the body’s natural moisture. As soon as the spheres become re-hydrated, they plump and hold onto the moisture they’ve collected, creating a mild "swelling" of the lip tissue. The result is fuller, smoother, perfectly plumped lips in seconds. Results can last for up to 48 hours. Q2 I have noticed that a new face product of yours has the word nano in it -Is this used in your Lip Fusion plumper? A2 - The Nanospheres is the delivery system harnessed in Liftfusion Mtox Transdermal Face Lift. The word "nano"is for nanospheres these are particles that are even smaller than microspheres and release the Mtox formula in in order to actually absorb into the specific targeted areas upon contact.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 am

does it really get absorbed into the lips or does it stay on the surface?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

MichaelXY
King Cobra
King Cobra

Re: Microinjected marine collagen - in a Lip Gloss???

Post by MichaelXY » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Even the basic structure of collagen is a large molecule. I don't think it would penetrate the skin. If anything, it probably causes an allergic reaction and causes you lips to get puffy. Further the Shark Atelocollagen denatures at a low temp, so I would think the temperature of the lips would denature the protein.

This sounds like modern day snake oil.

http://www.lipfusion.com/?page=ingredients

http://www.kokenmpc.co.jp/english/produ ... index.html