secret formula to put on weight

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

gibster
Garter
Garter

Post by gibster » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:26 pm

Beetle wrote:Did by the way anyone see the movie "Dublesize me". It`s about a guy who ate only in McDonald`s for a hole month (3 meals a day). He gain I don`t remember exactly about 10 or so kilos and his cardiovascular system and hole life has gone to hell. :shock: You could try that but I highly don`t recomend it.

that movie was supersize me! yes, it was a great watch!!! but not helpful in any way!!

i am 31 years old, i'm 5'8'' and weigh in at 9 stone (about 68kg). i have been under weight all my life. up until about the age of 14 i had to go to the hospital every month be poked and prodded, with the only benefit being those damn sexy nurses!!!

Finally, the hospital, my parants and myself gave up and settled with the fact that it's the way it's gonna be.

Well, thats been pretty much the case until recently. In the last 6 months i put on over half a stone, which is probably the quickest i have EVER put on any weight! i don't know why the sudden burst has com (maybe all the beer i've been drinking recently), but i would really like to put more on, and faster.

i have been vegi for the last 7 years or so and started eating meat agaon about a month ago. i think this may also contribute to my extra pounds.

But, if someone can give me a quick formular to putting on more bulk, i will be forever greatful, as well as share all the millions i'll get from marketing it to the public!! (if only!!) :D

chemistry_freako
Coral
Coral

Post by chemistry_freako » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:44 am

Hmm, but how come even visits to the hospital can't make you gain weight? Thought it would be a more popular trend for people to want to lose weight rather than gain weight? =p
化学は、最高です

chemistry_freako
Coral
Coral

Post by chemistry_freako » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:46 am

Let's see, i was a vegetarian too, but i didn't lose weight! On the other hand, i kept to a balanced meal, and had occasional weight gains even! Hmm, i guess you can try drinking more milk to add bone mass, or taking more proteins for muscle mass? =p
化学は、最高です

oiza
Garter
Garter

Post by oiza » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:44 am

i am 28 years old, and weigh about 8 pounds and found out i was really underweight infact i have been like that for most of my life, i dont take milk which i guess might be the obvious reason but i mean, isn't there an alternative to weight gain without milk? pls tell me there is :roll:

opuntia
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by opuntia » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:50 am

I think eating fruits and vegetable would do the miracle ...Atlast i found my own formula :lol:
"The roots of education is bitter, but the fruit is sweet" Aristotle

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:25 pm

i am practically addicted to mcdonald's... i don't eat eat there more than 4-5 times a month(lack of greens) but if you supply the money i will do the experiment for you
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Waters2
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Waters2 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:25 pm

Not only by eating to gain weight, also by your mentally to calm down( free from stress) As for me i always gain weight for few kilos for sometimes but when i felt stress for long periods and i will drop more than 5 kilos, i do not know why?(Depend to the individu) :cry:

opuntia
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by opuntia » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:26 am

Waters2 wrote: i always gain weight for few kilos for sometimes but when i felt stress for long periods and i will drop more than 5 kilos,

I have a range...always +/-4kg no matter what and how much i eat (and that too with no stress :wink:)
"The roots of education is bitter, but the fruit is sweet" Aristotle

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:28 pm

@waters2
the neuron uses glucose like crazy... 20% of the glucose used by the body is used by the neurons... When your nervous system is extremely active, you lose weight
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

b_d_41501
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by b_d_41501 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:59 pm

Buy a bunch of Ensure and drink 4 per day. This will put on weight like crazy.
"Take four red capsules, in ten minutes take two more. Help is on the way."
----- Voice from the Medicine Cabinet

chemistry_freako
Coral
Coral

Post by chemistry_freako » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:57 am

guess we should also, at the same time, just be mindful to have a balanced diet, and as long as we're not severely obese or underweight it's not too bad :) Oh, exercise would be good too :D
化学は、最高です

b_d_41501
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by b_d_41501 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:38 pm

Yeah, i just started working out quite aggresively the past two weeks. My fiance keeps herself in great shape and I think it would be wrong if I didn't do the same for her as well. I'm not extremely out of shape, but enough to get on my nerves.
"Take four red capsules, in ten minutes take two more. Help is on the way."
----- Voice from the Medicine Cabinet