Req: Info on full body Edema-Need links, articles, opinions

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

midwestmainer
Garter
Garter

Req: Info on full body Edema-Need links, articles, opinions

Post by midwestmainer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:03 pm

I've been researching Edema but am having trouble finding the particular information I want. I would like to know terms associated with Edema and/or medical descriptions.
I would like to describe- all over, full body edema. I am familiar with the terms interstitial fluid, intracellular, extracellular and several of the diagnosis like Lipoedema, Lymphedema, etc. However, when searching, I can not find a type of edema that covers the whole body.

Here is a description in patient's words:
Pitting Edema in legs, ankles.
Excess fluid? and pressure in arms, neck, wrists, hands, shoulders, head, back, face, etc. ***this doesn't seem to be noticeable to others***
Skin tightness
Dry,itching,skin splitting hands- Especially itchy in morning
Joint pain, stiffness, aches
Edema worsens before menstruation but continues throughout month
patient is 36 yo female with several health problems; fluid retention started eight years ago with first pregnancy, seemed to lessen after birth, increased with second pregnancy three years ago, continued after birth

Can you think of 'medical terms' I could use in a search to find more detailed information? Any other sites (not found on Google's first 20 pages of search) that would help?

Thank you.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:21 am

LEave Google alone and try other search engines like Medline http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)