Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

kanzure
Garter
Garter

Mouse training, caring, etc. in lab?

Post by kanzure » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Hey all,

I am in search for some good mouse literature to read up on, such as taking care of lab mice as well as training methodologies or previous successes and so on. Where should I look or does anybody have a zip file of papers I can take a look at?

I did a search over the indexes to see if this might be a dupe, but I couldn't find anything. It's very likely I might have missed something, so does anybody know if this has been discussed here before?

Thanks,
- Bryan

Darby
Viper
Viper

Post by Darby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:54 am

Where are you? Many countries have very specific requirements for housing and treatment of lab animals, including mice - you should at least find out if yours is one of them.

kanzure
Garter
Garter

Post by kanzure » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:13 am

Hi Darby,

I am in the United States. There are some other threads on the other forums that have already answered this question. Such as here.

- Bryan

Darby
Viper
Viper

Post by Darby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:42 pm

I've kept mice for years as feeder animals, so haven't had to worry about the research regulations, and a population can get really out of control. On the other hand, we have bred for appearance and have quite the assortment of colors and marking patterns.