how did you purchase reagents ?

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

enhancer chen
Garter
Garter

how did you purchase reagents ?

Post by enhancer chen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:10 am

I always buy reagents from the agency for the convenience. but direct purchase from manufacturer may get more reliable reagents. I am a chinese student and order to the manufacturer really cost more money and time. how to make the decision?

enhancer chen
Garter
Garter

Post by enhancer chen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:37 am

ok~~~it is my first time to join this forum! nobody wants to embarrasse me ? :oops:

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Or maybe we do not understand the point of your questions. I work in Canada, if I want to order reagents, I call the manufacturer or its authorized dealer get a quote and send the order. And this is how it works in most of the country I know. But I don't know about China and "the agency"

So unless another Chinese familiar with the way bureaucracy works in your country is there (s)he might be able to answer you. But I am not sure there are many. So do not take an absence of answer as a way to look down on you but simply as complete ignorance on what *is* your problem. Sorry.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

maryli
Garter
Garter

Post by maryli » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:50 am

I understand you. In Japan we also order the reagent from the authorized dealer. I think that is your "agency". But this authorized dealer also manufacture many kinds of reagents. If the reagent is the product of other oversea company, it will take long period either. That is just commercial rule, I think.
Last edited by maryli on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

enhancer chen
Garter
Garter

Post by enhancer chen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:46 am

really appreciate the replies! maybe the "agency" problem just happen in the developing countries. you know, we have to place an order to the companies such as Sigma, Pierce, ABcam,R&D. none of them is located in china. but I am little surprised with maryli. I thought Japan can provide much qualified products for themselves.

maryli
Garter
Garter

Post by maryli » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:19 am

Sure in Japan the company can provide almost all the products. Actually, I think in China, many companies can provide either. But if you will repeat the research of other researhers, you need to buy the same reagent written in their paper. In Japan, we need to wait for a long peroid for reagents of Sigma either. But one laboratory always has a stable relationship with one company, we can order everything from this company. That's all what we need to do.