virus vs fungal and bacteria

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

JHUT
Garter
Garter

virus vs fungal and bacteria

Post by JHUT » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Are emerging viral diseases more concern than emerging bacterial or fungal diseases and why?

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:46 pm

That's an essay question you should write about.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

JHUT
Garter
Garter

Post by JHUT » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:38 pm

I appreciate your concern.. but I am looking for any ideas and our professor allows us to use any resources that are available to us... so other people's thoughts are fine. We can do it in groups too. So thanks for your input.. but if anyone could share any ideas it would be helpful. It's a rather large test and I have a physics test also so I am looking for any help. Thanks :)

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:42 am

But this is not really a question of science I mean you have to look at a lot of factors like, who are we concerned with here? Virus and fungal infections do not affect the same places equally so it might be a problem in some places but not others. They also do not necessarily affect the same species, is it a concern if a virus affects animals rather than humans? What if the animal was a food stock? What if it was endangered?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr