The Scientific Method...

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Kevin2k
Garter
Garter

The Scientific Method...

Post by Kevin2k » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:29 pm

Can someone give me a good description for each of the six scientific method?

1. Problem
2. Research
3. Hypothesis
4. Experiment
5. Data Collected
6. Conclusion

Thanks!

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:18 pm

Problem: A question proposed for solution; a matter stated for examination or proof; hence, a matter difficult of solution or settlement; a doubtful case; a question involving doubt.
Research: Careful, a diligent search, a close searching, studious inquiry or examination
Hypothesis: A tentative theory about the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory".
Experiment: A procedure done in a controlled environment for the purpose of gathering observations, data, or facts, demonstrating known facts or theories, or testing hypotheses or theories.
Data Collection: Systematic gathering of data for a particular purpose from various sources, including questionnaires, interviews, observation, existing records, and electronic devices. The process is usually preliminary to statistical analysis of the data.
Conclusion: The comment on what you found out at the end of the experiment.

We have a dictionary, if you look more carefully, I'm sure you will see it at the top of the page. The first 5 definition is taken from there. You can look the things up from the dictionary rather than waiting for an answer... :)
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

Kevin2k
Garter
Garter

Post by Kevin2k » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:33 pm