Fermentation Lab - Please Help!

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

mich12349
Garter
Garter

Fermentation Lab - Please Help!

Post by mich12349 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a first year Biology study who has not been presented with any information about fermentation. I have an experiment coming up on fermentation in which we have to design the procedure and needed some information to help me with it:

Of the following substrates: corn syrup solution (in water), corn starch solution (in water), kernel extract, cob extract, stem extract and water

1. we are allowed to use one or two of the substrates and have to come up with four experimental groups, saying why we picked them and the results we expect. What would they be?

2. They are apparently nine control groups that could possibly be used. What would they be? What assumption would they test? Results expected? What's the ones that should be used?

Any information pertaining to any of the questions would be greatly appreciated as my lab is tomorrow and I have no idea where to begin. This lab assignment is worth marks so it would be helpful. Even if you know one control or experimental group that would be very helpful. Thanks:)

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:26 am

Think about what fermentation involves(you can google for websites) and think about what is in those ingredients.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr