Enzyme Information

Everything on bioinformatics, the science of information technology as applied to biological research.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

intali
Garter
Garter

Enzyme Information

Post by intali » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:58 pm

I'm currently working on a project designed to simulate the enzymatic and chemical reactions that take place in the cells of animals and other heterotrophs. I'm trying to look up some of the enzymes that I need to use to see exactly where they remove and add different atoms. I'm having some trouble finding a site with sch information. If anyone has any ideas on where I might start my search it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

weesper
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by weesper » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:48 am

pubmed or google or expasy

Breno Pimentel
Garter
Garter

Post by Breno Pimentel » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:50 pm

What you could do is google "protein database" ... you will find a first site there thats is a free protein database ( sorry can´t post url cause i´m new to the forum) , then look up any ezyme that you would like... thats the easiest way i found how to use a ploted ezyme .... if your looking for a more specific type of ezyme let me know that i´ll try to help you out .....

Breno Pimentel - USP - LEMB labs

Add me on the MSN(hotmail) or send me an email for more information
[email protected]

MAdResearcher
Garter
Garter

Re: Enzyme Information.

Post by MAdResearcher » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:55 pm

More than a little late now for the original question, but there is a company called Prozomix http://www.prozomix.com who sell lots of enzymes. If you email them a question regarding any enzyme there is, they will email you back the information you want (best email address is [email protected]). You don't need to buy anything from them to get your answers.

MadR

adain
Garter
Garter

Re: Enzyme Information

Post by adain » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:17 am

Thanks for great info