The Very Begining

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Clark Kent
Garter
Garter

The Very Begining

Post by Clark Kent » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:55 am

Hell everyone. I just started my first course of college biology. Honestly, everythin i learned in high school didn't give me nothin. And now i really feel off track, as i go along with programm. I don't know most of the stuff we learnin, not familiar even with common things. And if you would help me with a simple material, that could help me get on track that would be great. Any sources welcome i have great amount of time to examine them closely.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:37 pm

try the tutorials on our site(top right). they could prove quite useful. If you have money to invest, buying an introductory college biology book like Campell or Life will be quite useful. I have read both those books and can guarantee you that they assume you don't know anything and they teach you everything in a pleseant, easy-to-understand way. however, they are quite expensive: around 120$ each, from what i remember(you don't need to buy both, just pick on. i'd go with campbell)
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter