Help on Matthis Schleiden

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

BioConfused
Garter
Garter

Help on Matthis Schleiden

Post by BioConfused » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:44 am

This is the problem:

In 1838, the German botanist Matthis Schleiden, after examining the tissues of many plants under a microscope concluded: All plant tissues are composed of individual cells. This form of reasoning, from specific observations to a general conclusion, is called ____________ logic. The opposite process, going from a general conclusion to a specific consequence, is called _____________ logic. Had Schleiden said, "If all plant tissues are composed of individual cells, then the tissues of ferns must be composed of individual cells," he would have been making a prediction using _______ logic.

Yes i've tried looking for it in a textbook and the internet but i think Matthis was spelled wrong because when i looked for it in the internet it kept on having a spelling thing that said Matthias.

thanks for helping if you do

Jammerz
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Jammerz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:38 am

Haha :)

Yes that is a typo, it is supposed to be Matthias.

BioConfused
Garter
Garter

Post by BioConfused » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:01 am

ok thanks Jammerz because i couldn't find out anything with Matthis

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:36 am

about the answer: one of them is "inductive" and the other is "deductive". It's up to you now to find which one goes where
PS: i moved this to general discussion, as it does not fit into botany. Heck, it's not even a biology question technically :D
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter