Imperfect Design

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

greeneye55582
Garter
Garter

Post by greeneye55582 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Are we going around in circles yet? :wink:

Genovese, have your questions been sufficiently answered? Or have you gathered enough opinions to move in the right direction? I think between Alex, me, & you we have covered all of our opinions very extensively.

Perhaps, time for a new topic?

genovese
Coral
Coral

Post by genovese » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:45 am

"Perhaps, time for a new topic?"
Yes I think that one has been exhausted.

charles brough
Coral
Coral

Post by charles brough » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:54 pm

When Genovese started this thread by using the word "perfect," he set off a chain reaction! It was a mistake and I am sure he did not mean to suggest that ANYTHING in our real world is "perfect."

Unless you believe in "spirits" and other mythology of the old religions, there can be no such thing as Perfect. In science, we just seek a more accurate understanding of ourselves and the universe around us. That is all. There is no absolute anything. TRUTH is merely an old-religion concept. If it was indeed attainable, what in hell would we need science for once we attained it? With it, we would all believe "the Truth" that is, in other words, we would all believe exactly the same! What kind of a world would that be?! LOL

charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:41 am

What do you mean what kind of a world would that be? Are you seriously suggesting that the world is a better place when some people believe the truth and some people believe in lies?
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

genovese
Coral
Coral

Post by genovese » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:11 am

It is probably a bit late in the day to come back to the subject of "what is perfect" since we probably all agree that no one can describe perfection.

BUT, we are all aware of something that could be improved upon. That is not so difficult and by deduction we can conclude that it wasn't perfect in the first place.

So when I suggested that the world is full of imperfections, even after Natural Selection has done its best, one must conclude that we are not perfect
Last edited by genovese on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

charles brough
Coral
Coral

Post by charles brough » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:48 pm

alextemplet wrote:What do you mean what kind of a world would that be? Are you seriously suggesting that the world is a better place when some people believe the truth and some people believe in lies?

How do you know that our secular and even science beliefs won't be so outmoded a century from now that people who are ignorant of the way of the world will say all our beliefs are "lies"? If you can understand this, then we have no misunderstanding. If not, I cannot communicate with you.
Brough,
civilization-overview (dot) com

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:58 pm

I believe I understand your point, Charles. You are saying that anything we take as fact might one day be disproven. I do not dispute that.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count