Zoos

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

King Cobra
King Cobra

a general one

Post by 2810712 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:25 am

U may write about why are zoos important and this will not require much observations , but thinking . what do u think ? ? ?

hrushikesh

doddboy25
Garter
Garter

Best Zoo in America

Post by doddboy25 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:33 pm

The best zoo in America is Henry Doorly Zoo hands down... if you haven't been to this zoo than you haven't seen the best... http://www.omahazoo.com

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:40 am

LOL, depends where you live. The best zoo is normally the one closest to u? LOL. Anyways, i'll probaly draw sketches and work on the antamony of an animal at home. Any suggestion towards the animal.
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

tavarish
Garter
Garter

Toledo Zoo is a top 5 zoo in the nation

Post by tavarish » Tue May 31, 2005 3:46 am

I feel that the Toledo Zoo defidently should be considered one of the best Zoo's in the nation. Their animal collection is first rate, facilities are sparkling clean and their staff very knowledgable. They seem to go out of their way to address visitors questions about animals and other conservation issues. The park is moderate size and can be easily visted in a one day trip. They offer great educational opportunities for the public and are a leader in tourisim for the Toledo Ohio area.

Their buildings architecture lends a appealing blend of OLD rennovated WPA era structures like their Aquarium, Reptile house and Museum to first rate Modern architecture like the Arctic exhibit and their recently compleated Africa exhibit. You can learn about architecture as well as animal biology all in one setting!

I am fortunate to be associated to current keepers who work at this facility and find them to all be very knowledgable in their areas of expertise. This is just ONE GREAT ZOO!

Please visit soon and then decide for yourself. I would love to hear your comments.

Interesting web sites on the Toledo ZOO:

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Tue May 31, 2005 8:18 pm

well, duh u live next to it. I think we all grow attached to the zoos where we go to the most. But really, i want to know what zoos have the best tours, the rarest aniamls. ect.
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:49 am

J'adore les zoo Bronx. C'est tres bien et magincigue. Mais, ou est les ligers et les tigons. LOL. Bronx Zoo rocks. Probably get a job there this summer. I advise everyone to go see me. I'll have a name tag saying MY NAME is TONY.LOL
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:59 pm

Lol... that's what you get for opening the discussion of the ligers and tigons tony :D
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:24 pm

u say that if it's a bad thing. LOL
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

Ange
Garter
Garter

Post by Ange » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:49 am

T_T the zoo must be really beautifull. You wont find clean and great zoo in my country A.K.A Indonesia...... Too dirty and unmaintained.

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:52 pm

Oh. Well i'm sure the national parcs are better. Since the national parcs here aren't to good. Most of the time there is a hevay smog warning for any of the parcs below Washington D.C.
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

cz24ty
Garter
Garter

best zoos

Post by cz24ty » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:23 pm

Detroit has a decent zoo. Toledo's zoo is nice. The Bronx and San Diego are great, although the San Diego Wild Animal Park is better than its older zoo. California has better weather too. Cinci and Columbus are good zoo towns. Chicago has two zoos that I understand are OK and better, but I do not know which one is the better one. Atlanta's zoo is nice. I thought that the Disney Animal Kingdom was a waste of time. The National Zoo in DC has come a long way improving itself in the past 25 years. I never really cared for the Toronto zoo.

February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by February Beetle » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:50 pm

I like the Henry Doorly Zoo also. (not that I have been to that many) We went through the whole zoo and were very tired then we forgot, OH the aquarium! The aquarium is huge! It would be worth a trip there on it's own.

If you go to Kansas City skip the zoo, it's no good. There is another zoo in Kansas that is. Wait... i think that zoo is in Kansas City Missiouri :X

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson