ARE WE CROWDING THE EARTH?

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:37 pm

"A solution? We need to fight the old religions with a whole new world-view and way of thinking."

Charles, whether you like it or not, you're simply describing a new religion. Furthermore, we do not have ALL the answers, nor will we probably ever, so religion is inescapable.
Like the mythic monsters of old, you can try to chop heads off, but more will grow in their places. Deal with it.

Really I find people like you slightly scary. If you were in control of a country, I don't think I'd want to live in it. I'm not particularly religious, but I do appreciate my right to practice religion if I so choose, and I respect other people's decisions to do so.

Ultimately religion is about What Matters Most, and you, Charles, obviously have identified What Matters Most to you, and have set up a nice little doctrine around it that you love to preach to others. I'm sorry, but you sound much like any other religious fanatic out there preaching their Word.
What did the parasitic Candiru fish say when it finally found a host? - - "Urethra!!"

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:44 pm

AstusAleator wrote:"A solution? We need to fight the old religions with a whole new world-view and way of thinking."

Charles, whether you like it or not, you're simply describing a new religion. Furthermore, we do not have ALL the answers, nor will we probably ever, so religion is inescapable.
Like the mythic monsters of old, you can try to chop heads off, but more will grow in their places. Deal with it.

Really I find people like you slightly scary. If you were in control of a country, I don't think I'd want to live in it. I'm not particularly religious, but I do appreciate my right to practice religion if I so choose, and I respect other people's decisions to do so.

Ultimately religion is about What Matters Most, and you, Charles, obviously have identified What Matters Most to you, and have set up a nice little doctrine around it that you love to preach to others. I'm sorry, but you sound much like any other religious fanatic out there preaching their Word.

That deserves an "AMEN!" :wink:
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

greeneye55582
Garter
Garter

Post by greeneye55582 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Oh man, I didn't realize this thread was still going on.
Hi everyone! Through a long series of boring details/decisions that I won't go into here, I decided to consolidate all my my forum accounts into one screenname & email (for the sake of sanity).

Hence, the screenname khenwood (view my previous posts in this topic above) is now greeneye55582. Apparently, screennames can't be deleted so...

Hi Charles :o) I'm going to view your site soon & PM you my thoughts on it.

Hello everyone else! - I see that people are still tackling Charles & his POV. I don't think some of his views are necessarily as scary as others' however.

But I've made several comments in this forum already.. taking a break.

charles brough
Coral
Coral

Post by charles brough » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:31 pm

[/quote]*sigh* Do you really think you can destroy the Truth that has stood the test of time?And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of Hell shall NOT prevail against it.
~ Matthew 16:18. If Hell cannot overcome the Truth, what makes you think you can? PS - My apologies if this post is taken by some to be "stretching the rules" a bit; I simply felt like I had to say something and this was the most civil way I could think of to express myself. I simply can't let statements like that go unanswered.[/quote]

Playing to the others does not excuse your PREACHING! I delt with evolution and natural selection but you seem to do nothing but promote Catholicism to me! Please, go to the religious forums and get indignant there instead of all this angst and antagonism here in what should be a reasoned and scientific discussion free of Catholic or any other doctrines.
Brough,
civilization-overview (dot) com

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:33 pm

Charles, I will be more than willing to leave my religious beliefs out of this discussion, if you in return do the same with yours. That sounds fair, doesn't it?
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count