bacteria vs. fungi

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

physgirl
Garter
Garter

bacteria vs. fungi

Post by physgirl » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:34 pm

How do you know where in the environment a bacteria will be more common and where fungi will be more common? Or if any place is ever free of either one?

I know that fungi prefer damp places where they have organic food they can feed on... and bacteria is... everywhere??

Darby
Viper
Viper

Post by Darby » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:48 am

There are places free of one or both, if you discount spores - the air, for instance...

Otherwise, there are more places you won't find fungi than places without bacteria. Fungi are more picky about moisture and some nutrients.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Lookup yeast infections
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

Qphage
Garter
Garter

Post by Qphage » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:34 pm

spores are ubiquitous

Kishora
Garter
Garter

Re: bacteria vs. fungi

Post by Kishora » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:09 pm

I just want to ask if some of you has heard this kind of shroom called Psilocybe Caerulipes also know as Blue-Foot? I was reading some articles about this kind shrooms before engaging my self for the first time. Like this one from:https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/psilocybe-caerulipes/ .They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike other shrooms this one is less intense. In one article that I've read Psilocybe Caerulipes influences the prefontral cortex thats responsible for for differentiating thoughts, consequences of actions, and social control. Magic mushroom are use on reducing the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this kind shroom and could possible be used as an alternative medicine Thanks