Pheromones

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

fscottdahlgren
Garter
Garter

Post by fscottdahlgren » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:24 am

The reason you can't find anything on human pheromones is because no one has isolated a human pheromone, much less characterize it. There is no evidence that human pheromones exist. The VNO is either absent or not wired in the majority of humans. Repeat: there is no evidence for human pheromones. There are studies that ASSUME human pheromones, but none that find them.

As a side note of opinion, why would I manufacture a chemical, secrete it, allow it to diffuse, and wait for its reception... when I could just say, "Hello, my name is Scott. You are very pretty. I would like to get to know you."

dr. dugmore
Coral
Coral

Post by dr. dugmore » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:28 am

fscottdahlgren wrote:The reason you can't find anything on human pheromones is because no one has isolated a human pheromone, much less characterize it. There is no evidence that human pheromones exist. The VNO is either absent or not wired in the majority of humans. Repeat: there is no evidence for human pheromones. There are studies that ASSUME human pheromones, but none that find them.

As a side note of opinion, why would I manufacture a chemical, secrete it, allow it to diffuse, and wait for its reception... when I could just say, "Hello, my name is Scott. You are very pretty. I would like to get to know you."

thats right, we ( humans) have no need for primative chemical messages, we haev other advanced ways of communicating,
dr.D
The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.
Charles Darwin