Intestinal upset

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

kepri
Garter
Garter

Intestinal upset

Post by kepri » Sun May 27, 2007 8:11 pm

I am a 79 year old woman, widowed last year and living alone for the first time in my life. I am lucky enough to have property in an accelerating area on the border of Los Angeles and Orange County, rural but surrounded by the the city. I am having to deal with maintaining this property in order to retain its value. this is stress for me and my body is rebelling, I have had problems of this nature in the past and no regular MD has ever found a cause although I have run the gamut of the miserable tests so am reluctant to go through them again. I am trying to determine what is upsetting the apple cart this time. I have lost too much weight as I am now under 100 lbs at 5'3". I recently started using the natural sugar bought at Trader Joes. Is it possible I could be allergic to it?. I finally got the innards slowed down after months of problems. Daily but not frequent, still definitely not normal. I can't believe sugar would create such a problem, but stopping it is the only thing that has helped so far. Comments???

Kepri

Darby
Viper
Viper

Post by Darby » Mon May 28, 2007 8:59 pm

This is probably a silly question, but you have been checked for diabetes -?

kepri
Garter
Garter

Intestinal upset

Post by kepri » Mon May 28, 2007 10:30 pm

I have recently had a full blood test which showed my glucose to be borderline high but within a normal range. I am planning to return to this 'functional' doctor with the problem and see what she has to say about it. I am just about convinced that it is caused by an emotional response to the loss of my husband although it has been almost ten months but I have just bought a book about grieving and I hope this will help me resolve my issues with my loss. I am experiencing a new phase in my life where I am responsible for all the decisions and I think my body is reacting to that new situation. I do thank you for the question however as it is entirely possible that my glucose has gone out of control.

Irene

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue May 29, 2007 8:02 am

Please see this
viewtopic.php?t=3303
It is best to go to a doctor
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter