what are the most important fields in Bioinformatics now ?

Everything on bioinformatics, the science of information technology as applied to biological research.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Pavel
Garter
Garter

Post by Pavel » Mon May 07, 2007 3:02 pm

what are Current Trends ?

david23
Coral
Coral

Post by david23 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:07 pm

for me it's structural genomics. Trying to find the 3D structures of proteins using various algorithms, homology and write programs to analyze x-ray crystallography data. These proteins are potential drug targets. Write about it if you want.

Tae Jun, Yoon
Garter
Garter

Proteomics and Bioinformatics

Post by Tae Jun, Yoon » Wed May 09, 2007 4:41 am

Well.... I think proteomics is the most important field in bioinformatics. After the genome project finished, biologists realized that genome is only the MAP. they thought to utilize the information from genome project we should know the structure and funtion of a protein. So I think the proteomics is the most important field in bioinformatics.

Saneth
Garter
Garter

Trannscriptiome analysis

Post by Saneth » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:33 am

Analysis of transcriptiome is becomming a big research area in bioinformatics in these days.Predicting genes with the help of ORFs (open reading frame), isochores and CpG islands, etc are all inclded in transcriptiome analysis.Since the transcription and translation of eukaryotics are seperated from the nuclear membrane analysis of transcriptiome is very important when studying the eukaryotic gene regulation.I'm also still touching these fields and hope Transcriptiomics will be a major branch in bioinformatics in future as proteomics did.

hajimemasho
Garter
Garter

Post by hajimemasho » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Viral batteries ...anyone?

I did have a link to the development of Angela Becher's v.battery project but am unable to utilise the URL since this is my 1st post!
Alternativel you can just visit TIME's website and search archives.

Locus
Coral
Coral

Post by Locus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:40 am

I think that, comparative genomic is rising anв will soon one of the most preferable fields.
Also, prediction of the 3D structure of proteins, that have said here and that now is not work very properly...
Evolution will arrange everything

bio_sherief
Garter
Garter

plant tissue culture

Post by bio_sherief » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:40 pm

kidly list out the impacts of plant tissue culture, list of companies offering job oppoutunities in this feild