Seriously! Need help!

Any comments about the site and the forum go here.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

dejavu
Garter
Garter

Seriously! Need help!

Post by dejavu » Tue May 01, 2007 2:53 am

1. Use the concept of interacting systems to explain how oxygen from the atmosphere is able to reach cells deep within the body.

2. Explain how the acidity of blood controls breathing rate.

:D

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Tue May 01, 2007 3:46 am

1Diffusion
2Homeostasis
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

dejavu
Garter
Garter

Post by dejavu » Tue May 01, 2007 3:57 am

could you explain please

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue May 01, 2007 10:41 am

Please do your own homework. This can be easily found in any physiology textbook
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

dejavu
Garter
Garter

Post by dejavu » Wed May 02, 2007 2:58 pm

Oh piss on me with Diabetic urine and have ants crawl all over it, you rude pathetic bastard!

If you can't tell who I am by now, you are obviously brainless! I copied those questions out of my sophomore bio book from THREE years ago! I didn't have them for homework!

Listen. This is the WORST site I have ever been on. You egotistical mods have nothing better to do than sit on your fat asses and cut people down for asking homework questions. Whether you or a text book explain, they still learn. At least you said please in this last one. That's a step up!

Jammerz
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Jammerz » Wed May 02, 2007 5:34 pm

I'll have to agree with MrMistery here, these are basic questions that you can easily find the answers to, using Google or a book or anything, and I can understand why he wouldn't want to spend time answering them.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Wed May 02, 2007 11:23 pm

We could always ignore you if that's preferred.
~Niebuhr

Oscerot
Coral
Coral

Post by Oscerot » Thu May 03, 2007 12:17 am

If someone needs help with homework questions don't take your precious time to reply with "do you own homework". If you have time to type "do your homework" you have time to type both "diffusion" and "homeostasis". I know you did, which is great, but I don't see why everyone is making a big deal out of it. If you don't want to answer people's question's than don't. If you do, than do.

Anyways, in regards to your question, "diffusion" and "homeostasis" while being correct are really ball-park answers. Diffusion of oxygen into your cells is a very extensive process. And, lest we forget, homeostasis is an even more extensive process. At least now you have a starting point. Good luck!

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 am

@Oscerot,

Is it so wrong that we want to encourage students to learn from textbooks rather than being spoon fed answers?

Is it so wrong that we would rather not have the forum repeated filled with junk that really contributes nothing to understanding or discussion but rather attracts more of the same types of rude posters who expect this to be a homework forum?

Is it so wrong that we remind people to read the forum rules where it specifically states thread titles should be descriptive and homework problems should go through the student first?

Is it so wrong to make a big deal out of principles?
~Niebuhr

Oscerot
Coral
Coral

Post by Oscerot » Thu May 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Is it so wrong that we would rather not have the forum repeated filled with junk that really contributes nothing to understanding or discussion but rather attracts more of the same types of rude posters who expect this to be a homework forum?

Well you certainly cannot expect everyone to be as knowledgable of science as some of you. You could think of it as a compliment. People come here because they expect answers because they peg everyone here as highly intelligent.

Is it so wrong that we want to encourage students to learn from textbooks rather than being spoon fed answers?

Yeah but force feeding rarely works...and textbooks may not necessarily have all the answers. At least not all my questions are answered in my textbooks.

Is it so wrong that we remind people to read the forum rules where it specifically states thread titles should be descriptive and homework problems should go through the student first?

People come here and sign up for quick answers hoping to never having to return. I highly doubt they're going to read the rules.

Is it so wrong to make a big deal out of principles?

It's a forum.

Anyways, I don't really want to debate this. All I'm saying is it seems pointless to waste your time writing a reply to something more pointless just because the guy incited you.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Fri May 04, 2007 12:54 am

No textbooks don't have all the answers, note that we're not telling everyone to go read the text.

Why is having a forum in conflict with having principles?
~Niebuhr

biolass
Garter
Garter

Post by biolass » Fri May 04, 2007 9:43 pm

Wow....I hope when I post a question and ask for help understanding a 'concept' I dont get shot down....I read and reread my book and lecture notes, and notes from all kindds of websites, but its still a foriegn language to me.