Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.
Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:21 am
How do membranes act as isolating structures? I know how they compartmentalize but not isolate???
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:13 am
- Location: California, USA
To separate into distinct parts, categories, or compartments
To set apart or cut off from others.
- King Cobra
- Posts: 3501
- Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
- Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
For example, lysosome contains dangerous hydrolitic enzyme (lysozyme), then it is wrapped by double-layered membrane.
- Inland Taipan
- Posts: 5345
- Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:14 pm
- Location: Nashville, TN
*suggests bionut read forum rules before making more posts*
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests