Zink pills - how should I drink them?

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

gladiatorsoul
Garter
Garter

Zink pills - how should I drink them?

Post by gladiatorsoul » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:03 am

I bought zink pills to fulfill my daily needs (80% od daily needs).

And this question is: can one drink it with coffee, capuccino, tea, or green tea? Or would any of them reduce level of zink in body if I drink them together?

And is it ok to drink it with juices?

I know I can drink it with water, but mostly I don't drink water after meals. And I am used to drinking vitamines after meals, cause they are digested better this way (IMO).

Revenged
Coral
Coral

Post by Revenged » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:42 pm

it really really doesn't matter...

most people have far more important things to worry about in their lives...

LilKim
Coral
Coral

Post by LilKim » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:16 pm

Revenged wrote:it really really doesn't matter...

most people have far more important things to worry about in their lives...

ouch... !!!

gladiatorsoul
Garter
Garter

Post by gladiatorsoul » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:42 pm

It doesn't matter only to ignorant people, cause they don't know that zink increases immune system, increases production of sperm, increases testosterone.

With low amount of zink or without it ,you would be impotent, with low immune system, lazy and totally frightened of anything, cause you would have low testosterone level.

In facte such a small thing as zink can make such a big difference in your life, but if you are blind - it doesn't matter to you.

LilKim
Coral
Coral

Post by LilKim » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:09 am

I think there are alot of misconceptions about vitamin supplements. I used to take a multivitamin every day .. because I was ignorant and thought that it was the healthy thing to do.

I have always suffered from allergies and migranes and noticed that I CLEARLY had more headaches when I took multivitamins. (I even tried taking half the recommended adult dose and still noticed the headaches).

So, last fall I went to a series of lectures by a research-dietician (Ph.D) and she lectured on vitamins and dietary necessity for them. Her recommendation was that you eat a healthy, well rounded diet and NOT take multivitamins. (Unless a doctor has told you that you are particularly deficient in an area/pregnant ... )

As it turns out several different vitamins require other substances to even be useful (eg. some vitamins are Lipid soluble, calcium requires Vitamind D, and I think vitamin D need sunlight to be "activated"), so if you take the pill with water.. you body will not necessarily be able to use it ...

She also citied that it is extremely easy to overdose on vitamins by taking supplements/multivitamins. Over dosing can results in noticable (and sometimes serious) "side-effects". She pointed out to us that Vit. C when taken in excess causes headache and nausea... I believe she also said that both zinc and iron, when taken in excess can cause headaches and be toxic (... although I may not be remembering that part correctly cuz I don't have my notebook).

Futhermore, doctors don't know the long term effects of overdosing on these things ... (very few REAL scientific studies exist on that topic)

Well, after than lecture I completely stopped taking multivitamins and threw them all in the trash. I have noticed that I have WAAAAY fewer headaches, I'm don't have those boughts of nasea, nor am I more frequently sick.

So, based on my personal experience and a the studies of a research dietician, I believe that the best way to get the proper nutrients, under the appropriate conditions (ie. for fat soulble vitamins) is to eat it in the diet ... not through supplements.

But YES, everyone is entitled to their opinion... and below is a link to a Zinc fact sheet (issued by the USA Governemnt):

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/cc/zinc.html

hope this info is useful!
- KIM

gladiatorsoul
Garter
Garter

Post by gladiatorsoul » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:03 pm

I never had head aches after drinking vitamines, so I guess it is your body's negative reaction. And not that vitamines in pills are bad.

LilKim
Coral
Coral

Post by LilKim » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:52 pm

it just one of the side effects from overdosing.... i am therefore probably getting all of my necessary nutrients from my diet...

thus, no need for vitamins.

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:06 am

gladiatorsoul wrote:It doesn't matter only to ignorant people, cause they don't know that zink increases immune system, increases production of sperm, increases testosterone.

This guy is still obsessed to increase his testosterone level.

Actually it is NONSENSE to increase immune system, increase production of sperm, and increase testosterone ONLY by consume zink pills. There is a homeostasis to keep our body system in optimal condition. Those pills only works for who suffers weak immune system and hormonal disorder, and it must be diagnose medically by M.D. not by yourself. In the normal person, consuming much zink will not take effect significantly to increase body system more than the normal range. For instance the normal range of testosteron level is about 2-8 ng/ml, you would never get 10 ng/mL normally, because when it reaches 8, the body will start the negative feedback to maintain the range. Too much consuming vitamins and mineral even will take adverse for our body, because they will change into toxic substance.

My suggestion is don't be obsessed and dignose yourself for any chemical things. See your doctor and could be psychologist if necessary.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:39 am

It's like the people who chow on carrots because it "improves eyesight" but they neglect to read the part that says due to vitamin A deficiency.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

Saffari
Garter
Garter

about zink pills

Post by Saffari » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:52 am

hey gladiator soule!if ur really interested in an increased amount of sperm the u may use a good mass of onions everyday.it will increase ur sperm so much so like a strong healthy horse.u may also use vitamin-E.

Saffari
Garter
Garter

about zink pills

Post by Saffari » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:52 am

hey gladiator soule!if ur really interested in an increased amount of sperm the u may use a good mass of onions everyday.it will increase ur sperm so much so like a strong healthy horse.u may also use vitamin-E.