Effect of different concentration of enzymes on H2O2....

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

bio_chick89
Garter
Garter

Effect of different concentration of enzymes on H2O2....

Post by bio_chick89 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:52 pm

Hi im doing an experiment on the effect of different concentrations of enzyme(which could be apple, potato, liver but im using pear) on the rate of a fixed concentration of substrate which is hydrogen peroxide.

The thing is we have to make up our own equipment and how much of solutions we are going to use. but im really stuck on how much hydrogen peroxide to use, can anyone give me a rough amount? just so i know im heading in the right direction. we have got the preliminary experiment this week so need replies fast! (may have other questions lol)

thanks x x

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:02 pm

Amount or concentration?

For detectionof peroxydase activity in bacteria I use a 3% solution, that is enough to see plenty of bubbles. As for the amount, we use 100µl, but it really depends on the size of your samples. Enough to cover a cube of pear I'd say... It also depends on how much H2O2 you can have.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

bio_chick89
Garter
Garter

Post by bio_chick89 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:30 pm

well the amount of H2O2 in Cm3 or Ml, also im very stuck on how to vary the concentration of catalase(pear) because i dont know how many time i use it. would i have for example, two beakers one with a lot of pear and one with less or would this not work out? im so stuck. my biology teacher cant help us, he is only aloud to provide the apparatus and give the title of the experiement.

thanks again x

bio_chick89
Garter
Garter

Post by bio_chick89 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:44 pm

please reply quick!!! need help to this topic!!