Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.
Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:23 am
What is the role of a DNA polymerase?
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:20 pm
- Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg
microbiologist, climber, snowboarder.
- Posts: 336
- Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:05 pm
- Death Adder
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:36 am
The role of DNA polymerase is to add complementary nucleotides to the DNA molecule being replicated. However, DNA polymerase can only add free nucleotides to the hydroxyl end, provided by the RNA primer.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests