Who first discovered Stomata and in what year?

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

JayTee
Garter
Garter

Who first discovered Stomata and in what year?

Post by JayTee » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:18 am

I can't find who (as in what scientists or group of scientists) discovered stomata and what year it was discovered

biomedical
Garter
Garter

Re: Who first discovered Stomata and in what year?

Post by biomedical » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:39 am

An international team of Clinical Research has discovered a genetic mechanism that is responsible for the development of stomata -- microscopic valves on the surface of plants that facilitate the uptake of carbon dioxide and the release of oxygen and water vapor. The researchers discovered this mechanism, which was previously known in flowering plants like Arabidopsis thaliana, in the moss Physcomitrella patens and found similarities between the two, implying that it already existed in the last common ancestor of mosses and flowering plants. The team was led by the biologists Professor Ralf Reski from the University of Freiburg/Germany and Professor David J. Beerling from the University of Sheffield/UK. The results were published in the journal Nature Plants.

diya50019
Garter
Garter

Re: Who first discovered Stomata and in what year?

Post by diya50019 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:06 am

Thanks for sharing genuine and accurate information...i will stay connect with you for more queries related to biomedical. great information i got from here.
I am Working as a Senior Career Counsellor in Clinical Research Field and having 6+ years of an experience.