help with AS coursework asap!

Plants!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

just_pure_lucy
Garter
Garter

help with AS coursework asap!

Post by just_pure_lucy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:21 pm

i don't know how to start my AS coursework and i would really appreciate some guidelines or direction, the title is: 'Design an experiment to find out how nitrate concentration affects the growth of seedlings'. if anyone has any ideas please reply asap as it needs to be handed in very very soon. thank you

opuntia
King Cobra
King Cobra

Re: help with AS coursework asap!

Post by opuntia » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:32 am

Well, first you have to take, let's say about twenty seeds ( you can take as many as you want ), let them germinate under identical conditions, and then prepare plots with all abiotic factors identical and label the plots 1, 2, 3....20 ( take as many as you want, can't do any harm in taking more samples :lol: ) , and to each plot add different amounts of nitrate fertilizer, 10g, 20g, 30g....200g ( you can add as much as you like :wink: ). Record the plot number and the amount of nitrate fertilizer added to it, the plant a seedling in each plot and record their growth, by measuring the length of the stem, let's say, after about a week's time.

Guess that will be enough if you write it in detail with the limitations and further work.

Hope that helped, :D
Opuntia
"The roots of education is bitter, but the fruit is sweet" Aristotle

just_pure_lucy
Garter
Garter

Post by just_pure_lucy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:49 pm

thanx that really heled me a lot!