Peptidoglycan precursor levels over time?

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

GeorgeMendes
Garter
Garter

Peptidoglycan precursor levels over time?

Post by GeorgeMendes » Sat May 04, 2019 9:03 am

So it would make sense that the levels of Lipid II, which go on to form peptidoglycan in bacterial cell walls, diminish over time as cells enter from exponential to stationary phase and the requirements for de novo synthesis of cell wall decrease. I cannot seem however to find any literature or studies supporting this, or any that really outline mechanics of what happens once cell enter into stationary phase and cell wall remodeling takes place. Thoughts anyone?

GeorgeMendes
Garter
Garter

Re: Peptidoglycan precursor levels over time?

Post by GeorgeMendes » Sat May 04, 2019 4:37 pm

GeorgeMendes wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:03 am
So it would make sense that the levels of Lipid II, Pnr Status which go on to form peptidoglycan in bacterial cell walls, diminish over time as cells enter from exponential to stationary phase and the requirements for de novo synthesis of cell wall decrease. Sarkari Result I cannot seem however to find any literature or studies supporting this, or any that really outline mechanics of what happens once cell enter into stationary phase and cell wall remodeling takes place. Showbox Thoughts anyone?
My issue has been solved